It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified, casual Health Care Aides
to join our Nursing Care team at Kootenay Street Village in Cranbrook, BC
. If you're a qualified Health Care Aide, and you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience, be registered (or eligible for registration) with the BC Care Aide Registry and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors. Please note that for the duration of the Single Site Staffing Order (PHO April 10 Order), candidates must not be actively working at another long-term care/assisted-living site, as prohibited by the Order.
We're looking for someone who:
- Fosters a warm, friendly and caring environment for residents and co-workers.
- Has a passion for helping seniors live their best life.
- Collaborates with the Nursing team and other Allied Health Professionals, to ensure efficient and effective care to our residents, reporting to the LPN in charge.
- Effectively performs delegated clinical procedures, records observations, and reports issues of concern to the nurse supervisor.
- Possesses a Certificate from a recognized Health Care Aide Program.
- Is a registered Health Care Aide.
- Clear Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector.
- Has a Physician’s waiver, negative TB screen and complete immunization record.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching – with appropriate techniques and equipment.
- As per the PHO Order issued on September 2, 2021, effective October 12, 2021, full and current COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all long-term care and assisted-living staff.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer Union salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Hiring Incentive Details:
Recent British Columbia (BC) Health Care Assistant (HCA) graduates may be eligible for a one-time payment of $5000.00
from the Ministry of Health. Summary of eligibility requirements are noted below:
To be eligible for the recruitment incentive, participants must meet all the following criteria:
- Started a Health Care Assistant (HCA) Program at a recognized public or private College in BC between January 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021;
- Must demonstrate proof of successful graduation from the HCA program;
- Must provide a registration number with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry;
- Must provide proof of employment in any Health Authority owned/operated, affiliate or private long-term care (LTC) or assisted living (AL) setting within BC;
- Must sign a 12-month return of service (ROS) agreement with the Ministry of Health. The ROS begins on the date the ROS agreement is signed and is available to REGULAR and CASUAL employees that meet the above-requirements.
If you come and work for Golden Life, and you meet all of the above criteria, we will provide you with the information you need to apply to access these monies.
You can read all the details (and apply) by clicking here
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!