It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified part-time and full-time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
to join our team at
Rose Wood Village
in Trail, BC
. If you're a qualified LPN, and you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
Our region qualifies for the BC Loan Forgiveness Program! The government will forgive up to 20% of your outstanding loan, per year for 5 years. Please click here to confirm your eligibility, and find out more information!
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Fosters a warm, friendly and caring environment for residents and co-workers.
- Ensures comprehensive care plans, tailored to the resident’s short and long term requirements, are developed, updated and regularly evaluated for effectiveness.
- Participates in decision-making relating to matters of health and safety, resident care, and staffing.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff involved in the provision of resident care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives; interpreting, developing and implementing care related policies and procedures; seeks assistance from RN peers where appropriate.
- Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and procedures as per provincial regulations and established policies and procedures; consults with and/or takes direction from a RN where appropriate.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of recognized Licensed Practical Nursing Program, with current LPN certification in British Columbia.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector- Criminal Record Check.
- Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening and complete Immunization Record.
- Level 1 OFA First Aid Certificate.
- Knowledge and experience with social models of care is strongly favored.
- Working knowledge of MDS/InterRAI.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching – with appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines are required as a condition of employment.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!