It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a Director of Clinical Care
to join our Village Nursing Care team at Rose Wood Village in Trail, BC
. If you're a qualified Registered Nurse (RN), that brings previous leadership experience and a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate:
- Oversees nursing team based on clearly defined lines of authority and communication.
- Is accountable for all aspects of resident care and quality improvement activities.
- Has a passion for helping seniors live their best life.
- Supports the team in preparing and implementing comprehensive care plans, tailored to the residents’ short and long term requirements.
- Ensures care is aligned with legislative requirements, governing bodies (CCALA, BCCNP) and GLM mission and philosophy.
- Ensure RAI MDS program implementation, including outcome evaluation and monitoring of performance metrics.
- Oversees tracking as required by IH and GLM.
- Liaises with educational institutions & placement of practicum students.
- Establishes working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Manages family and client concerns as per Positive Solutions process.
- Works with the Community Manager in hiring, performance management and evaluation.
- Co-facilitates departmental meetings.
- Coordinates and monitors operational activities within the department.
- Manages and monitors all nursing envelope expenditures, explains monthly variances, and works with the Community Manager to identity corrective actions.
- Orders nursing/care supplies. Ensure efficient procurement to ensure availability of resources within the nursing department.
- Participates in strategic planning and accreditation activities.
- Ensures that all required committees are functioning within their terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
- Works with the Quality & Clinical Practice Consultant in identifying and addressing learning needs, including P&P review.
- Works on call as needed (telephone consultation).
- Holds a Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing or related health discipline (Masters degree preferred) and current registration with BCCNM.
- Has a minimum of five (5) years management experience involving the supervision of a multidisciplinary team of staff, budgetary responsibilities and quality management process.
- Brings previous experience with long-term care.
- Can effectively multi-task, manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Has a strong ability to plan, direct, evaluate and control the delivery of multi-faceted care services within a social model framework.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; enjoys teamwork.
- Can provide a Physician's Waiver, Negative TB Screening, and Immunization Records.
- As per the PHO Order issued on September 2, 2021, effective October 12, 2021, full and current COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all long-term care and assisted-living staff.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer market salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!