It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified part-time Rehabilitation Aide
to join our recreation team at Rose Wood Village in Trail, BC
. This individual will be responsible for performing delegated treatments, following treatment protocols, and documenting outcomes.
The successful candidate will bring related experience in a senior care setting, completion of the required educational component, and a strong passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs delegated duties such as implementing individual and group interventions and activities that improve or maintain functional abilities of patients.
- Conducts individual and group therapeutic activities, such as therapeutic ambulation, wheelchair mobility training (manual and power), exercise classes, and individual prescribed exercises, to restore, improve, and maintain a patient’s functional ability.
- As instructed, assists Therapist during direct treatment or during assessment sessions.
- Reports observations on patient progress and condition to DOCC and other appropriate team members.
- Supports Therapist in making, modifying, and adapting self-help devices and equipment, as requested.
- Maintains records such as statistics, and inventories, and performs related duties by utilizing a personal computer, word processing software tools, and related equipment.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Successful completion of a recognized Kinesiology program.
- Completion of PT (Physical Therapist) Aide Program through Ed2GO; Proof of enrollment will be accepted, as long as Program is completed within 3 months of start date.
- A minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Must possess current First Aid training.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Class 4 Unrestricted Driver’s License (successful candidate will be able to obtain License within probation period).
- Strong conflict resolution, and relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional ability to deal with resident in a caring and patient manner.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening and Immunization record.
- Able to provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!