It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, full-time Assisted Living Worker
to join our team at Garden View Village in Kimberley, BC
. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
We are looking for someone who:
- Responds to requests from residents for assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, medication management, housekeeping and meal management at times of the resident’s choosing.
- Participates in the delivery of social and recreational programs including group activities, outings, special events, communal impromptu gatherings and opportunities for socialization. Takes initiative in organizing unscheduled social and recreational opportunities wherever possible (i.e. card games, movies, gardening, etc.).
- Assists with dining room meal preparation and services as directed.
- Attends to requests for resident companionship to reduce or prevent social isolation or to respond to changes in resident health and functional status.
- Reports changes in functional capacity, mood or health status to the Community Manager or designate.
- Participates in resident review meetings at the call of the Community Manager/delegate.
- Performs delegated tasks in support of resident personal care after completion of resident specific training.
- Performs administrative tasks as required.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the below qualifications:
What we offer you
- Successful completion of Grade 12.
- Successful completion of a recognized Assisted Living Worker program or equivalent and current BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
- Able to provide a Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening and Immunization Record.
- Possesses a Cleared Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- First Aid & CPR Certification is required.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!