It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, casual Recreation Coordinator
to join our team at Rocky Mountain Village in Fernie, BC
. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping to implement various social, recreational and therapeutic programs to promote the emotional, physical and social wellbeing of the residents.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Provide leadership and direction to staff and volunteers involved in the provision of recreational services by fostering and promoting new initiatives, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures, organizing and directing volunteer orientations, providing on-the-job training for staff and monitoring and evaluating resident attendance and participation at programs.
- Develop, implement, promote and monitor all social, recreational and therapeutic programs to meet the individual and group needs of residents.
- Create and circulate/post communication tools including facility newsletter, posters, notices and activity schedules designed to keep residents informed on programs and special events.
- Ensure needs of the resident are reviewed and monitored on a regular basis and evolve in accordance with the changing needs of each resident.
- Enhance programming and fundraising efforts by coordinating all aspects of the volunteer program.
- Lead the Resident Council Committee to collect input from residents into programming and special event planning.
- Participate in the negotiation of Managed Risk Agreements and conduct a tenant assessment upon move in to ensure current programming is appropriate.
- Manage the integration of new residents to the Village.
- Successful completion of a Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Recreational Therapy/Therapeutic Recreation.
- 2+ years of experience in a seniors’ healthcare setting.
- Program planning experience is essential.
- Strong ability to plan, organize and direct the delivery of recreation services.
- Demonstrated ability in group-based fitness instruction and therapy.
- Proven leadership, conflict resolution, and relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional ability to deal with resident in a caring and patient manner.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Solid computer literacy in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possession of a Valid Class 4 Driver’s License.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Possess a Clear Vulnerable Sector – Criminal Record Check.
- Able to provide a Physician’s Waiver, negative TB screening and immunization record.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer?
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer market-based salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!