We are excited to announce the opening of Golden Life’s newest location, Ocean Front Village, in the gorgeous Comox Valley! We are on track to open in the Summer of 2022, and this will be our company’s first Village on Vancouver Island. We are excited to build an amazing team, and we are looking for exceptional, passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled experience for our residents.
We’re looking for a qualified Scheduler
to join our team at Ocean Front Village in Courtenay, BC
. The Scheduler is responsible for providing exceptional program support in areas of staffing, time-keeping, general clerical services, reception cover, and other related duties as required. If you are a highly organized team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and strong computer proficiency, then we’d like to hear from you!
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and adjusting schedules, which includes maintaining schedules in advance.
- Scheduling staff as authorized by coordinating work schedules on the scheduling software system, while ensuring proper call-out procedures are followed.
- Performing general staffing and timekeeping functions (ie. calling in relief staff).
- Escalating issues to the Community Manager and working collaboratively with all Department Managers and Supervisors.
- Approaching all aspects of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
- Actively participating in scheduling meetings with Department Supervisors to finalize priority of work and necessary lead times.
- Maintaining accurate statistics on the attendance of staff and scheduling issues in order to provide timely reports to the Community Manager.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Completion of High School Diploma.
- Previous experience with scheduling in a healthcare environment is an asset.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook is necessary.
- Successful completion of Office Procedures or Office Management Coursework.
- Experience in operating and administering an electronic payroll and scheduling Program.
- Experience with Avanti or Great Plains Software is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Effective customer service, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in Home and Community Care an asset.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule as this position involves work on weekdays and weekends.
- Able to anticipate needs and take initiative to complete work in the absence of direct supervision and constant direction.
- Possesses a Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Able to provide Physician’s Waiver, Immunization Record and TB screening.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!