We are excited to announce the opening of Golden Life’s newest location, Ocean Front Village, in the gorgeous Comox Valley! We are on track to open in the Summer of 2022, and this will be our company’s first Village on Vancouver Island. We are excited to build an amazing team, and we are looking for exceptional, passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled experience for our residents.
We’re looking for an exceptional Resident Advisor
to join our new team at Ocean Front Village in Courtenay, BC
. The primary focus of this role is to provide direction and leadership to enhance the lives of the Residents, and to support the Residents and their families, while assisting with meal service, and ensuring that all common areas are clean and well-presented. If you are a strong team player and enthusiastic individual, with a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we’d like to hear from you!
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Works directly with the Community Manager, in delivering programs making sure that the Golden Life Management policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensures individual tenant needs and preferences are addressed and their needs are met, with regards to meal planning and hospitality/personal care services.
- Circulates the monthly activities calendar, while posting activity reminders as needed.
- Participates in event planning as required by the Community Manager.
- Ensures common areas of the building, including washrooms, and the entrances are kept clean at all times.
- Aids the residents that need help coming to the dining room for meals; Records residents and guest meals in attendance at meal times.
- Assists in the dining room at meal times; Serve meals including tea and coffee to the residents and guests.
- Answer the telephone in a courteous manner and record and distribute all messages accurately.
- Follows all bookkeeping procedures as set forth by company.
- Completes maintenance as required (i.e. changes light bulbs etc.), following the Maintenance policy.
- Completes building tours for prospective residents and family and completes proper tour form information.
- Operates the bus when required in a safe and courteous manner.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of Accounting Procedures, including previous experience.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Able to anticipate needs and take initiative to complete work in the absence of direct supervision and constant direction.
- Strong ability to be flexible and support in different areas as needed.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively.
- Class 4 Unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Cleared Vulnerable Sector – Criminal Record Check.
- Able to provide Immunization Record, Physician’s Waiver and Negative TB Screening.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!