It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, part-time Maintenance Worker
to grow with our team at Rocky Mountain Village in Fernie, BC
. If you are an enthusiastic team player, with a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Under the direction of the Community Manager will maintain all aspects of the building including but not limited to building interior, exterior, and grounds, mechanical, electrical and site aesthetics.
- Ensure preventative maintenance duties on all building components are fulfilled as per the preventative maintenance schedule and manufactures specification.
- In conjunction with the Community Manager, will review, perform or coordinate all maintenance requests and resident requests; these items will be reviewed daily and will be prioritized in order of importance.
- Directly deal with trades, suppliers and contracted services that relate to the maintenance department.
- Works closely with the Community Managers to mitigate all resident and staff
- Sources new trades, suppliers, material & manpower.
- Assists the Community Managers in training and ongoing education of staff in
relation to building system components and maintenance practices.
- Works closely with construction during the turnover of a new building, addition or
- A strong mechanical or electrical understanding.
- Minimum of three years’ related experience.
- Must have a strong ability to trouble shoot and work through a variety of situations.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate budgets.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to create sound & economical solutions in emergency situation.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Physician’s Waiver, Negative TB Screening, and Immunization Record.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!