It’s an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We are looking to hire a Corporate Nursing Consultant
to provide support to our Villages in the West Kootenays area. As the Corporate Nursing Consultant, you will be part of our Nursing Care team and will support our Villages in the West Kootenays, as needed. This is a permanent, full-time position. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors. If you're a qualified RN, a strong team player, and flexible with your schedule and travel, then we’d like to hear from you!
Our region qualifies for the BC Loan Forgiveness Program! The government will forgive up to 20% of your outstanding loan, per year for 5 years. Please click here to confirm your eligibility, and find out more information!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Ensures comprehensive care plans, tailored to the resident’s short and long term requirements, are developed, updated and regularly evaluated for effectiveness.
- Monitors changing care levels and ensures staff make necessary adjustments in resident assignments and routines to meet the needs of a changing resident population.
- Participates in decision-making relating to matters of health and safety, resident care, and staffing.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff involved in the provision of resident care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives; interpreting, developing and implementing care related policies and procedures.
- Ensures that resident rights to privacy, dignity, respect and choice are consistently met.
- Coordinates the admission, transfer and discharge of residents within assigned areas.
- Ensures resident records are maintained according to established standards by all program staff.
- Works cooperatively with the Director of Care (DOC) to recommend solutions and changes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service and care delivery.
- Communicates with residents and family members concerning care issues, needs, problems and/or conflicts; effects positive outcomes to complaints.
- Liaises with other service areas to facilitate the effective coordination of programs and services for residents.
- Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and procedures as per provincial regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Maintains a current knowledge of, and complies with, all Village policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or diploma in Nursing complimented by supervisory experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a long-term care setting;
- Current BCCNP licensing.
- Working knowledge of MDS/InterRAI.
- Knowledge and experience with social models of care is strongly favored.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Physician’s Waiver, TB Screen (from last 6 months) and Immunization Record.
- Proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines are required as a condition of employment.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer Union salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!