It’s an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We are looking to hire a Corporate Nursing Consultant
to provide support to our Villages in the West Kootenays area. As the Corporate Nursing Consultant, you will be part of our Nursing Care team and will support our Villages in the West Kootenays, as needed. This is a permanent, full-time position. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors. If you're a qualified RN, a strong team player, and flexible with your schedule and travel, then we’d like to hear from you!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Ensures comprehensive care plans, tailored to the resident’s short and long term requirements, are developed, updated and regularly evaluated for effectiveness;
- Monitors changing care levels and ensures staff make necessary adjustments in resident assignments and routines to meet the needs of a changing resident population;
- Participates in decision-making relating to matters of health and safety, resident care, and staffing;
- Coordinates the inter-disciplinary team to ensure care conferences are held regularly and address the changing needs of each resident; supervises the implementation of changes in care delivery resulting from care conferences
- Provides leadership and direction to staff involved in the provision of resident care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives; interpreting, developing and implementing care related policies and procedures;
- Ensures that resident rights to privacy, dignity, respect and choice are consistently met;
- Coordinates the admission, transfer and discharge of residents within assigned areas;
- Ensures resident records are maintained according to established standards by all program staff;
- Ensures that proper procedures are followed in the handling and storage of confidential resident, staff and/or company information;
- Works cooperatively with the Director of Care (DOC) to recommend solutions and changes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service and care delivery;
- Communicates with residents and family members concerning care issues, needs, problems and/or conflicts; effects positive outcomes to complaints;
- Liaises with other service areas to facilitate the effective coordination of programs and services for residents;
- Develops and facilitates effective communication systems including regular program team meetings to disseminate and collect information in an accurate and timely manner;
- Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical
- treatments and procedures as per provincial regulations and established policies and procedures;
- Uses proper techniques when operating lifts and other ambulatory equipment; transfers and ambulates residents in a manner which promotes safety and comfort;
- In conjunction with the Infection Control Plan, maintains protection against cross-infection by using aseptic techniques;
- Ensures equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and organized manner, and that work areas are kept clean and tidy; reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the appropriate designate;
- Attends staff in-service, continuing education workshops/courses and approved work-related seminars/conferences; participates in quality
- improvement programs; serves on committees and attends Family and Resident Council meetings;
- Maintains a current knowledge of, and complies with, all Village policies and procedures;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or diploma in Nursing complimented by supervisory experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a long-term care setting;
- Current BCCNP licensing;
- Working knowledge of MDS/InterRAI;
- Knowledge and experience with social models of care is strongly favored;
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check;
- Physician’s Waiver, TB Screen (from last 6 months) and Immunization Record;
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer Union salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!