It’s an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada. The Kootenay’s are home to world class skiing, golfing, dining and adventure. Home to the sunniest city in BC, with many summer and winter activities, the Kootenay’s are a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts and naturalists alike. With seemingly endless terrain and an urban”ish”-mountain culture, you will soon see why tourists turn into residents.
We are looking to hire a Corporate Nursing Consultant
to provide support to our Villages in the Kootenays area of British Columbia. As the Corporate Nursing Consultant, you will be part of our Nursing Care team and will travel to support our Villages as needed. This is a permanent, full-time position, and will involve travelling to various cities in the Kootenays region.
The successful candidate will have a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors. If you are a qualified LPN, a strong team player, and are flexible with your schedule and travel, then we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and procedures as per provincial regulations and established policies and procedures; consulting with and/or taking direction from a Registered Nurse where appropriate.
- Ensuring comprehensive care plans, tailored to the resident’s short and long term requirements, are developed, updated and regularly evaluated for effectiveness.
- Monitoring changing care levels and ensuring staff make necessary adjustments in resident assignments and routines to meet the needs of a changing resident population.
- Participating in decision-making relating to matters of health and safety, resident care, and staffing.
- Providing leadership and direction to staff involved in the provision of resident care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives; interpreting, developing and implementing care related policies and procedures; seeking assistance from RN peers where appropriate.
- Ensuring that resident rights to privacy, dignity, respect and choice are consistently met.
- Coordinating the admission, transfer and discharge of residents within assigned areas.
- Ensuring resident records are maintained according to established standards by all program staff.
- Ensuring that proper procedures are followed in the handling and storage of confidential resident, staff and/or company information.
- Communicating with residents and family members concerning care issues, needs, problems and/or conflicts; effects positive outcomes to complaints.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Maintaining a current knowledge of, and complying with, all facility policies and procedures.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of recognized Licensed Practical Nursing Program, with current LPN certification in British Columbia.
- Knowledge and experience with social models of care is strongly favoured.
- Working knowledge of MDS/InterRAI.
- Level 1 OFA First Aid Certificate.
- Flexibility to travel to different Villages according to the needs of the business.
- Clear Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector.
- Has a Physician’s waiver, negative TB screening (from last 6 months) and complete Immunization record.
- Fosters a warm, friendly and caring environment for residents and co-workers
- Has a passion for helping seniors live their best life;
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing;
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching – with appropriate techniques and equipment;
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer Union salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today at goldenlifemanagement.ca!