It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified, casual Assisted Living Workers
to join our team at Joseph Creek Village in Cranbrook, BC
. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors. Please note that for the duration of the Single Site Staffing Order (PHO April 10 Order), candidates must not be actively working at another long-term care/assisted-living site, as prohibited by the Order.
We are looking for someone who:
- Responds to scheduled and unscheduled requests from tenants for assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, medication management, housekeeping and meal management at times of the tenant’s choosing.
- Follows the tenant Service Plan and Managed Risk Agreement when delivering personal care and hospitality services.
- Participates in the delivery of social and recreational programs including group activities, outings, special events, communal impromptu gatherings and opportunities for socialization. Takes initiative in organizing unscheduled social and recreational opportunities wherever possible (i.e. card games, movies, gardening, etc.).
- Assists with dining room meal preparation and services as directed.
- Attends to requests for tenant companionship to reduce or prevent social isolation or to respond to changes in tenant health and functional status.
- Reports changes in functional capacity, mood or health status to the Community Manager or designate.
- Participates in tenant review meetings at the call of the Community Manager/delegate.
- Performs delegated tasks in support of tenant personal care after completion of tenant specific training.
- Performs administrative tasks as required.
- Participates in program planning and evaluation and in Quality Improvement activities.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the below qualifications:
What we offer you
- Successful completion of Grade 12.
- Successful completion of a recognized Assisted Living Worker program or equivalent and current BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
- Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening and Immunization Record.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- As per the PHO Order issued on September 2, 2021, effective October 12, 2021, full and current COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all long-term care and assisted-living staff.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Hiring Incentive Details:
Recent British Columbia (BC) Health Care Assistant (HCA) graduates may be eligible for a one-time payment of $5000.00
from the Ministry of Health. Summary of eligibility requirements are noted below:
To be eligible for the recruitment incentive, participants must meet all the following criteria:
- Started a Health Care Assistant (HCA) Program at a recognized public or private College in BC between January 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021;
- Must demonstrate proof of successful graduation from the HCA program;
- Must provide a registration number with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry;
- Must provide proof of employment in any Health Authority owned/operated, affiliate or private long-term care (LTC) or assisted living (AL) setting within BC;
- Must sign a 12-month return of service (ROS) agreement with the Ministry of Health. The ROS begins on the date the ROS agreement is signed and is available to REGULAR and CASUAL employees that meet the above-requirements.
If you come and work for Golden Life, and you meet all of the above criteria, we will provide you with the information you need to apply to access these monies.
You can read all the details (and apply) by clicking here
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!