It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, casual Registered Nurse (RN)
to join our Village Nursing Care team at Silver Kettle Village in Grand Forks, BC
. If you're a strong team player with a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we’d like to hear from you!
This role will have a blend of leadership as well as direct care responsibilities.
Our region qualifies for the BC Loan Forgiveness Program! The government will forgive up to 20% of your outstanding loan, per year for 5 years. Please click here to confirm your eligibility, and find out more information!
We're looking for someone who:
- Ensures comprehensive care plans, tailored to the resident’s short and long term requirements, are developed, updated and regularly evaluated for effectiveness.
- Monitors changing care levels and ensures staff make necessary adjustments in resident assignments and routines to meet the needs of a changing resident population.
- Participates in decision-making relating to matters of health and safety, resident care, and staffing.
- Coordinates the inter-disciplinary team to ensure care conferences are held regularly and address the changing needs of each resident.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff involved in the provision of resident care by mentoring and role modeling, fostering and promoting new initiatives; interpreting, developing and implementing care related policies and procedures.
- Ensures that resident rights to privacy, dignity, respect and choice are consistently met.
- Coordinates the admission, transfer and discharge of residents within assigned areas.
- Ensures resident records are maintained according to established standards by all program staff.
- Ensures that proper procedures are followed in the handling and storage of confidential resident, staff and/or company information.
- Works cooperatively with the Director of Care (DOC) to recommend solutions and changes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service and care delivery.
- Communicates with residents and family members concerning care issues, needs, problems and/or conflicts; effects positive outcomes to complaints.
- Liaises with other service areas to facilitate the effective coordination of programs and services for residents.
- Develops and facilitates effective communication systems including regular program team meetings.
- Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and procedures as per provincial regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Attends staff in-service, continuing education workshops/courses and approved work-related seminars/conferences; participates in quality improvement programs.
- Maintains a current knowledge of, and complies with, all Village policies and procedures.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the below qualifications:
What we offer you
- Successful completion of Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing, complimented by supervisory experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a long-term care setting.
- Current Registration with BCCNM.
- Working knowledge of MDS/InterRAI.
- Knowledge and experience with social models of care is strongly favored.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses a Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- Can provide Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening, and Immunization Record.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer Union salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!