It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, full-time Recreation/Rehabilitation Aide
to join our team at Columbia Garden Village in Invermere, BC
. This is a combination of both the Recreation Aide and Rehabilitation Assistant roles. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors. Please note that for the duration of the Single Site Staffing Order (PHO April 10 Order), candidates must not be actively working at another long-term care/assisted-living site, as prohibited by the Order.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Implements resident activities related to the needs, abilities, interests and choices of residents within the specified program area and as may be identified on the care plan.
- Participates as a member of the program team, reports on resident participation, achievements and level of perceived enjoyment.
- Facilitates, encourages and supports residents to participate in a variety of activities and programs.
- Performs delegated duties such as implementing individual and group interventions and activities that improve or maintain functional abilities of patients.
- Conducts individual and group therapeutic activities, such as therapeutic ambulation, wheelchair mobility training (manual and power), exercise classes, and individual prescribed exercises, to restore, improve, and maintain a patient’s functional ability.
- As instructed, assists therapist during direct treatment or during assessment sessions.
- Reports observations on patient progress and condition to DOCC and other appropriate team members.
- Maintains records such as statistics, and inventories, and performs related duties by utilizing a personal computer, word processing software tools, and related equipment.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Completion of PT (Physical Therapist) Aide Program through Ed2GO; Proof of enrollment will be accepted, as long as Program is completed within 3 months of start date.
- Successful completion of a recognized Recreation/Rehabilitation Certificate course.
- A minimum of 2 years (recent) related experience working in a seniors’ housing/care environment and delivering programs and services within a social model framework is considered an asset.
- Must possess current First Aid training.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Class 4 Unrestricted Driver’s License (exception may be given to successful candidate to obtain License within probation period).
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening and Immunization record.
- As per the PHO Order issued on September 2, 2021, effective October 12, 2021, full and current COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all long-term care and assisted-living staff.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!