It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, full-time Kitchen Manager
to join our team at Mountain Side Village in Fruitvale, BC
. If you are an enthusiastic team player, with a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Follows standardized recipes and rotating meal plan.
- Sources and purchases meats, poultry, fresh vegetables, fruits and staples.
- Receives and checks orders and oversees inventory control procedures for the storage of fresh and frozen food stuffs and dry goods.
- Plans and prepares resident meals, coordinates and monitors meal service. The Kitchen Manager will cook 1 meal a day for residents, 5 days a week.
- Prepares various baked goods.
- Develops and monitors menu plans and service for catered and special events to ensure individual dietary needs and standards for food service are met or exceeded, and costs remain within approved budget allocations.
- At the request of the resident and under the direction of the Community Manager, meets with resident groups to address issues related to food preparation, meal planning, and dining room services. Gathers feedback and takes appropriate actions to continuously improve food quality and service.
- Participates in the Occupational Health and Safety program as assigned by the Community Manager. Maintains safe food handling practices within the commercial kitchen and dining room(s).
- Completes all supervisory responsibilities as outlined by management including hiring, daily direction to personnel, scheduling, and completing performance evaluations and facility inspections as required by senior management
- Ensures that the kitchen is operated in a clean, safe, efficient manner and that all kitchen staff follows safe food handling procedures. Reports problems or concerns to the Community Manager.
- Completes all required records which may include, but are not limited to, equipment and food inventory, food and supply orders, performance evaluations, budget requirements, and other costing issues.
- Performs as a positive, constructive team leader and player creating exceptional customer experiences.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications;
What we offer you
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Chef’s papers/or catering certification/Red Seal certification.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as the lead cook in an institutional or full service restaurant.
- Ability to read and prepare recipes involved.
- Knowledge and ability to conform to food sanitation practices.
- Ability to communicate with residents and other employees.
- Food Safe Certification
- Serving It Right Certification.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Physician’s Waiver.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!