It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, part-time Maintenance Worker
to join our Village team in Pincher Creek, AB. Hours of work will be 3 days a week, 8 hours a day. If you're a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Under the direction of the Community Manager will maintain all aspects of the building including but not limited to building interior, exterior, and grounds, mechanical, electrical and site aesthetics.
- Ensure preventative maintenance duties on all building components are fulfilled as per the preventative maintenance schedule and manufactures specification.
- Assist with maintenance tasks such as painting of suites, and fixing sinks and doors.
- In conjunction with the Community Manager, will review, perform or coordinate all maintenance requests and resident requests; these items will be reviewed daily and will be prioritized in order of importance.
- Directly deal with trades, suppliers and contracted services that relate to the maintenance department. This includes:
- Initiating and following all finance policies and procedures
- Tracking and monitoring trades time and workmanship, and signing off on all services that are completed
- Collecting and maintaining all warranty information and actively pursuing all warranty items when applicable
- Quotes, schedules, quality controls and scopes of work
- Settling and resolving conflicts and disputes immediately, and reporting all discrepancies to Community Manager
- Related building or facility maintenance background is a must.
- A strong mechanical or electrical understanding.
- Class 4 driver’s license considered an asset.
- Must have a strong ability to trouble shoot and work through a variety of situations.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and prioritize work.
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate budgets.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to create sound and economical solutions in emergency situation.
- Clear Criminal Record - Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Physician’s Waiver and Immunization Report.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!