It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified casual and part-time Resident Advisors
to grow with our team at Coastal Breeze Village in Powell River, BC
. If you are an enthusiastic team player, with a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we would love to hear from you!
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications;
- Provide direction and leadership to enhance the lives of the Residents, and to support the Residents and their families, while assisting with meal service, and ensuring that all common areas are clean and well-presented.
- Works directly with the Community Manager, in delivering programs making sure that the Golden Life Management policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensures individual tenant needs and preferences are addressed and their needs are met, with regards to meal planning and hospitality/personal care services.
- Circulates the monthly activities calendar, while posting activity reminders as needed.
- Participates in event planning as required by the Community Manager.
- Ensures common areas of the building, including washrooms, and the entrances are kept clean at all times.
- Aids the residents that need help coming to the dining room for meals; Records residents and guest meals in attendance at meal times.
- Assists in the dining room at meal times; Serve meals including tea and coffee to the residents and guests.
- Answer the telephone in a courteous manner and record and distribute all messages accurately.
- Follows all bookkeeping procedures as set forth by company.
- Completes maintenance as required (i.e. changes light bulbs etc.), following the Maintenance policy.
- Completes building tours for prospective residents and family and completes proper tour form information.
What we offer you
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of Accounting Procedures.
- Serving it Right Certification.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage time effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal support.
- Flexibility to work shift work, weekends and holidays as required.
- Cleared Vulnerable Sector – Criminal Record Check.
- Able to provide Physician’s Waiver.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!