We are excited to announce the opening of Golden Life’s newest location, Ocean Front Village, in the gorgeous Comox Valley! We are on track to open in Summer of 2022, and this will be our company’s first Village on Vancouver Island. We are excited to build an amazing team, and we are looking for exceptional, passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled experience for our residents.
We are hiring for Health Care Aides (HCAs)
to join our Nursing Care team at Ocean Front Village in Courtenay, BC
. There are opportunities to work in Long-term Care and/or in the Hospice area
of the Village. Our Health Care Aides will be responsible for supporting our residents with activities of daily living, regularly monitoring and reporting changes to Nursing staff, and promoting the highest level of care possible. If you are a registered Care Aide, and a strong team player that brings a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we’d like to hear from you!
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with other care staff to ensure effective delivery of services to residents.
- Assists with activities of daily living for residents.
- Continuously promotes dignity and individuality of each resident by acknowledging their unique needs (ie. spiritually and psychologically).
- Performs delegated clinical procedures, while recording observations and reporting problems to Nurse in charge.
- Assists residents and families during admission, discharge or transfer process through introducing them to the environment, and other staff and residents within the neighborhood.
- Performs a variety of housekeeping tasks to maintain a comfortable environment for residents and families.
- Assists with feeding and other kitchen-related tasks.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Successful completion of recognized Health Care Aide program; registration with the BC Health Care Aide Registry is required.
- Strong team player, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching – with appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Possesses a Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Can provide a Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening, and complete Immunization Record.
- Able to provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer Union salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!