We are excited to announce the opening of Golden Life’s newest location, Ocean Front Village, in the gorgeous Comox Valley! We are on track to open in Summer of 2022, and this will be our company’s first Village on Vancouver Island. We are excited to build an amazing team, and we are looking for exceptional, passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled experience for our residents.
We’re looking for qualified part-time Professional Cooks
to join our new Culinary team at Ocean Front Village in Courtenay, BC
. The successful candidate will have previous line cooking experience, a team player attitude, and a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
Food preparation is the essential focus of this position. While operating within the kitchen you will be responsible for, but not limited to preparing veggies, meats, sauces, and salads.
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and baking desserts and soups.
- Ensuring the kitchen is operated in a clean, safe and efficient manner and that all staff follows safe food handling procedures.
- On occasion, the cook may be required to clean the kitchen equipment.
- In order to maintain and rotate stock the cooks will need to date and appropriately contain food.
- Discuss deadlines and timeframes with colleagues to coordinate the sharing of equipment, workspace, and functions.
- Talk to dishwashers and servers about cleanup.
- It is encouraged that the cook chats briefly with residents at their tables to ascertain satisfaction with the food and their service.
- Complete all required records, which may include, but are not limited to, equipment and food inventory, food and supply orders, budget requirements and other costing measures.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Completion of secondary school.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks; completion of college of other program in cooking. Several years of related, proven cooking experience may also be considered.
- Food Safe Certification.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure, and capable of multitasking various functions simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to listen and respond respectfully to resident requests.
- Possesses a Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- Can provide a Physician’s Waiver, TB screening and immunization record.
- Able provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!