We are excited to announce the opening of Golden Life’s newest location, Ocean Front Village, in the gorgeous Comox Valley! We are on track to open in Summer of 2022, and this will be our company’s first Village on Vancouver Island. We are excited to build an amazing team, and we are looking for exceptional, passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled experience for our residents.
We’re looking for Assisted Living Workers
to join our Nursing Care team at Ocean Front Village in Courtenay, BC
. If you are a registered Care Aide and a strong team player, that brings a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we’d like to hear from you!
The Assisted Living Workers are responsible for delivering personal care services, social/recreation programming, and housekeeping for residents staying in the Assisted Living area of the Village.
We are looking for someone who:
- Responds to requests from residents for assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, medication management, housekeeping and meal management at times of the resident’s choosing.
- Participates in the delivery of social and recreational programs including group activities, outings, special events, communal impromptu gatherings and opportunities for socialization.
- Takes initiative in organizing unscheduled social and recreational opportunities wherever possible (i.e. card games, movies, gardening, etc.).
- Assists with dining room meal preparation and services as directed.
- Attends to requests for resident companionship to reduce or prevent social isolation or to respond to changes in resident health and functional status.
- Reports changes in functional capacity, mood or health status to the Community Manager or designate.
- Participates in resident review meetings at the call of the Community Manager/delegate.
- Performs delegated tasks in support of resident personal care after completion of resident specific training.
- Performs administrative tasks as required.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the below qualifications:
What we offer you
- Successful completion of Grade 12.
- Successful completion of a recognized Health Care Aide/Assisted Living Worker program or equivalent.
- Current registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
- Strong team player, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching – with appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Can provide a Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening, and Immunization Record.
- Possesses a Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Able to provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!