It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified, casual Dietary Aides
to join our team at Kootenay Street Village in Cranbrook, BC
. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
We are looking for someone who:
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation areas;
- Portions out and serves food and beverages in the dining room, gathers and replaces supplies as required;
- Loads hot wagons and delivers food to resident neighborhoods;
- Stock resident kitchens within each neighborhood with such items as paper products, snacks, beverages and staple goods;
- Prepares tables in dining areas before mealtimes, with items such as napkins, placemats, utensils, condiments and beverages;
- Prepares beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembles food items such as sandwiches and salads;
- Washes, peels and stores vegetables and fruit;
- Assists the Chef with portioning and service of meals for special and catered events;
- Operates dishwashing machine, stacks clean dishes and utensils; sets, clears and cleans dining tables;
- Operates dispensing machines and other related equipment; reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the Kitchen Manager;
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping and damp mopping floors; sanitizing counter tops, sinks, machines and equipment; spot washing walls and splash areas; and removing trash;
- Replenishes beverage containers in refrigerator; tidies kitchenette, replenishes supplies; re-stocks refrigerator; drains and resets coffee urn;
- Performs related clerical duties such as answering the phone and documenting information on menu cards.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has completed Grade 10 education.
- Is capable of lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Has a Clear Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Is able to provide Physician's Waiver, Immunization Record, and Negative TB Screening.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!