It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a full-time Health Care Aide
to join our team at Rocky Mountain Village in Fernie, BC
to oversee the Adult Day Program
from Monday to Friday.
If you're a qualified Health Care Aide and an enthusiastic, energetic team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience, be registered with the BC Health Care Aide Registry and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
We're looking for someone who:
- Fosters a warm, friendly and caring environment for residents and co-workers
- Has a passion for helping seniors live their best life.
- Respects and promotes the dignity, choices and individuality
of each resident by recognizing them as a whole individual
with unique cultural, spiritual and psychological needs.
- Works cooperatively with other team members to ensure the
efficiency and effectiveness of care delivery, reporting to the
licensed nurse in charge as required.
- Encourages and supports residents to participate in their
personal care and provides assistance as required.
- Performs delegated clinical procedures, records
observations, reports problems or condition changes to
nurse supervisor and participates in team planning.
- Uses medical and mobility equipment safely and in
accordance with Golden Life policies and procedures, reporting any
malfunctions to the team leader.
- Performs a variety of custodial tasks to maintain a safe
homelike environment for residents and families.
- Collaborates with the Nursing team and other Allied Health Professionals, to ensure efficient and effective care to our residents, reporting to the LPN in charge.
- Possesses a Certificate from a recognized Health Care Aide Program.
- Is a registered Health Care Aide.
- Possesses a Class 4 Driver's License (required).
- Can provide a Clear Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector.
- Has a Physician’s waiver, negative TB screen and complete Immunization record.
- Able to provide proof of current and complete Covid-19 vaccines.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching – with appropriate techniques and equipment.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer Union salaries and a competitive comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!