It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We are excited to announce that we are currently facilitating the Health Career Access Program (HCAP)
at Rocky Mountain Village in Fernie, BC, and we are still looking to fill seats with dedicated individuals that are passionate about pursuing a valuable career in senior care!
This program is expected to run between 12-18 months in length
, and will provide the on-the-job training and education necessary for eligibility to apply for registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
, upon successful completion. During this time, selected candidates for the program will work as regular, full-time Health Care Support Workers (HCSW’s)
at Rocky Mountain Village, while being paid at an hourly rate of $20.95, and obtaining the necessary practicum hours. As a HCSW
, you will act as an integral member of a healthcare delivery team to provide a variety of non-clinical healthcare supports to clients, residents, families and/or visitors to meet established needs. While away from the Village fulfilling the educational component of the program in classroom or through online studies, selected candidates will be eligible for an educational allowance of $785 per week
, to be paid bi-weekly through regular employer payroll.
Please note that all successful graduates of the Health Career Access Program (HCAP) are required to complete 12 months of Service as a Health Care Aide with Rocky Mountain Village, upon obtaining their registration with the BC Health Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
As a Health Care Support Worker, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes rapport with clients, residents and families, and assists in promoting physical, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual well-being of residents.
- Observes clients and residents, and their environments, to identify and report unsafe conditions, behavioral and/or physical changes to designated supervisor.
- Assists with mealtime activities; sets up, welcomes and transports clients or residents to dining areas, collects meal trays, and assists with limited food preparation such as heating prepared food, and making tea or coffee.
- Provides assistance in carrying out activities; sets up supplies and equipment, assists with transporting clients or residents to designated areas, encourages participation in activities and provides support to clients or residents where required.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, and washing, drying, folding, and delivering laundry, where required.
- Greets visitors and others in accordance with established safety, security and infection control procedures and guidelines, providing information and directing as required.
- Completes and maintains related records electronically, or using documents such as inter-shift communication books, daily log sheets and progress reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Successful completion of Grade 10, including successful completion of English 10 or equivalency.
- Able to commit to entire program duration, which is expected to be anywhere from 12-18 months in length.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of carrying out physical duties included in the position
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physician’s Waiver, negative TB Screening and Immunization Record.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
To read more about this program, and the terms and conditions, please go to this web link: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/economic-recovery/work-in-health-care
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!