It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified Professional Cooks
to join our team at Columbia Garden Village
in Invermere, BC
. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
Food preparation is the essential focus of this position.
While operating within the kitchen you will be responsible for, but not limited to preparing veggies, meats, sauces, and salads.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and baking desserts and soups.
- Ensuring the kitchen is operated in a clean, safe and efficient manner and that all staff follows safe food handling procedures.
- On occasion the cook may be required to clean the kitchen equipment.
- In order to maintain and rotate stock the cooks will need to date and appropriately contain food.
- Discuss deadlines and timeframes with colleagues to coordinate the sharing of equipment, workspace, and functions.
- Talk to dishwashers and servers about cleanup.
- It is encouraged that the cook chats briefly with guests at their tables to ascertain satisfaction with the food and their service.
- Complete all required records, which may include, but are not limited to, equipment and food inventory, food and supply orders, budget requirements and other costing measures.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Completion of secondary schooll.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks; completion of college of other program in cooking. Several years of related, proven cooking experience may also be considered.
- Food Safe Certification.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- Physician’s Waiver, negative TB screening and immunization record.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!