Health Care Aide
Part time / Casual
It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified, Health Care Aides
to join our team
at Columbia Garden Village
in Invermere, BC
. If you're a qualified Health Care Aide, and you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience, be registered (or eligible for registration) with the BC Care Aide Registry and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Fosters a warm, friendly and caring environment for residents and co-workers.
- Collaborates with the Nursing team and other Allied Health Professionals, to ensure efficient and effective care to our residents, reporting to the LPN in charge.
- Encourages and supports residents to participate in their personal care and provides assistance as required.
- Performs a variety of custodial tasks to maintain a safe homelike environment for residents and families.
- Assists with feeding and other kitchen related duties in the neighborhood
- Effectively performs delegated clinical procedures, records observations, and reports issues of concern to the nurse supervisor.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Possesses a Certificate from a recognized Health Care Aide Program.
- Is a registered Health Care Aide.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Capable of carrying out significant lifting, carrying, bending and reaching – with appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- Food Safe Certificate.
- Can provide a Physician’s Waiver, negative TB screening and immunization record.
- Able to provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!