Part time / Casual
It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified, Dietary Aides
to grow with our kitchen team at Coastal Breeze Village in Powell River, BC
. If you are an enthusiastic team player, with a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Portions out and serves food and beverages in the dining room, gathers and replaces supplies as required.
- Loads hot wagons and delivers food to resident neighborhoods.
- Stock resident kitchens within each neighborhood with such items as paper products, snacks, beverages and staple goods.
- Prepares tables in dining areas before mealtimes, with items such as napkins, placemats, utensils, condiments and beverages.
- Prepares beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembles food items such as sandwiches and salads.
- Assists the Chef with portioning and service of meals for special and catered events.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping and damp mopping floors sanitizing counter tops, sinks, machines and equipment.
- Performs related clerical duties such as answering the phone and documenting information on menu cards.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in customer service, food service, or retail environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Food Safe Certification and Serving it Right Certification.
- Has a Clear Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- Can provide a Physician's Waiver.
- Able to provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!