It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for qualified, casual Long-term Care Assistants (LTC-A's)
to join our team at Silver Kettle Village in Grand Forks, BC
. In this position, you will provide support to enhance the lives of our residents and to support the nursing care team in their duties. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
We are looking for someone who:
- Prepares dining tables and cleans the dining room area.
- Assists with plating of meals, including trays for residents staying in their room.
- Serves food and provides support during meal times.
- Helps with porting of residents to dining room and/or back to their room.
- Assists with hydration and snack time.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks such as delivering laundry to laundry room, cleaning spa rooms between baths, making beds, and taking out garbage.
- Responds to call bells during busy periods, engaging the support of the Care team as needed.
- Answers the telephone in a courteous manner, records and distributes all messages accurately.
- Ensures common areas of the unit, including washrooms and the entrances,s are kept clean.
- Completes basic maintenance as required (i.e. changes light bulbs, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by management.
- Capable of work which involves extended periods of walking and standing.
- Has a Clear Vulnerable Criminal Record Check.
- Can provide an Immunization Record, Physician’s Waiver, and negative TB Screening.
- Possesses High-school graduation or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Has past work related experience with the public and/or seniors.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sounds attractive to you, please apply today!
Fernie copy GF