It's an amazing time to join Golden Life as we continue to expand our seniors housing, care, and services within western Canada.
We’re looking for a qualified, casual Prep Cook
to join our Village team at Mountain Side Village in Fruitvale, BC
. If you are a strong team player, then we’d like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have related experience and has a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors.
We're looking for someone who:
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation areas.
- Prepares and portions out food and beverages for service, gathers and replaces supplies as needed.
- Washes, peels and stores vegetables and fruit.
- Assists the Cooks with portioning and service of meals for special and catered events.
- Operates dispensing machines and other related equipment; reports unsafe or faulty equipment to the Kitchen Manager.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping and damp mopping floors; sanitizing counter tops, sinks, machines and equipment; spot washing walls and splash areas; and removing trash.
- Replenishes beverage containers in refrigerator, re-stocks food items in refrigerator and storage areas.
- Rotates stock, dates and appropriately contains food items.
- Coordinates timeframes with colleagues to share equipment and workspaces.
- Performs related clerical duties such as answering the phone and documenting information on menu cards.
- Assists with dining service as needed.
- Has Food Service Certification.
- Physician's Waiver.
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Organized and constructive team player, that is passionate about creating exceptional customer experiences.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
What we offer you
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!