We are excited to announce the opening of Golden Life’s newest location, Ocean Front Village, in the gorgeous Comox Valley! We are on track to open in Summer of 2022, and this will be our company’s first Village on Vancouver Island. We are excited to build an amazing team, and we are looking for exceptional, passionate individuals dedicated to providing an unparalleled experience for our residents.
We’re looking for Housekeepers
to join our new team at Ocean Front Village in Courtenay, BC
. If you are an energetic and enthusiastic team player, and you bring a passion for providing high quality care and support for seniors, then we’d like to hear from you!
The Housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the general sanitation of the building, including the tenant’s suites, and providing exceptional service to residents and guests at the Village.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all task as outlined on the daily cleaning schedules for common areas.
- Supports with laundry and resident rooms as needed.
- Organizing and prioritizing workload is an essential part of this position.
- Operates in a safe manner and reports any present or potential health and safety hazards to the Community Manager.
- Interacts with residents and guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Acts as a positive and constructive team player, creating exceptional customer experiences.
- Fulfilling additional tasks delegated by the Community Manager.
Our culture attracts proactive self-starters who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, inclusion, integrity, passion, and curiosity. If this resonates, maybe you’re the right person to join the Golden Life team.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
What we offer you
- Previous experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Able to work effectively as a team player, as well as independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to listen and respond appropriately to resident requests.
- Possesses a Clear Vulnerable Sector - Criminal Record Check.
- Able to provide a Physician’s Waiver, negative TB screening and immunization record.
- Can provide proof of full and current COVID-19 vaccines.
At Golden Life Management Corporation, we are purpose-led. Our Philosophy is focused entirely upon providing the best possible quality of care to our residents and those we serve. We recognize that engaged employees are necessary to achieve our purpose and our Philosophy.
As a Golden Life Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a voluntary retirement program with company contributions, for eligible employees.
Golden Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If this sound attractive to you, please apply today!